Topic: Education and Values
I was talking to my sister about our niece who has "way too many" food allergies, since birth.
It just doesn't seem fair. While we were discussing her limitations, which include dairy allergy, Chris went "googling" and found an interesting recipe.
This comes from "One Ingredient Chef" for an iced dessert made from one ingredient: the (frozen) banana.
Of course we had to try it and add a couple of items to make it "ours" and you, of course, will need to try it once you've read this and will have to doctor it to make it your own as well. (Thank you, One Ingredient Chef for the original plan!)
- Allow 1 fully ripened banana per serving size.
- Cut desired number of bananas into 1 inch pieces and freeze overnight until really hard.
- Process by pulsing, frozen banana pieces in a food processor until it looks like this:
Add a a few drops of vanilla (we used about a tsp for 5 bananas).
4. Add (and "pulse" a few times) any desired small pieces of chocolate candy, a couple of maraschino cherries and other flavorings (or not, as desired!)
5. Roll each serving into a ball, with your palms or between two spoons or in a scooper--work quickly as they get gummy in warm palms.
6 .Store servings in a covered container in the freezer.
7. You can even roll the balls into chopped nuts or coconut flakes or --use your imagination!